Dr. Nira Singh Shrestha, MBBS, MD
Current Position: Associate Professor, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Kathmandu Medical College Teaching Hospital, Kathmandu University, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Download CV (Word File)
Download CV (PDF Format)
||Board / University
||Obstetrics and Gynecology Institute of Medicine, Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal
||Chittagong Medical College, University of Chittagong, Bangladesh
||Ministry of Education, Government of Nepal
- 2011 - Current : Associate Professor, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Kathmandu. Medical College Teaching Hospital, Sinamangal, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- 2007 - 2011 : Assistant Professor, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Kathmandu. Medical College Teaching Hospital, Sinamangal, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- 2003 - 2006 : Lecturer, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Kathmandu Medical. College Teaching Hospital, Sinamangal, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- 2000 - 2003 : Worked as M.D. resident for two year in Maternity Hospital, Thapathali and one year in Tribhuvan University Teaching Hospital, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- 1998 – 1999 : Medical Officer, Maternity Hospital, Thapathali, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Permanent Member of Nepal Medical Council (NMC) with registration no. 2395 since May 1998.
- Life member of Nepal Medical Association (NMA) with registration no. 2206/L-1532 since January 2001.
- Registration of Speciality Qualification at Nepal Medical Council with registration no. 2395 since November 2003.
- Member of International Society for Infectious Diseases with membership no. 00049974 Since June 2008.
Awards / Medals
- Awarded Gold Medal in August 2003 for standing first in Master Degree (M.D.) in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Awarded Dr. Kanti Giri Gold Medal in 24 February 2004 for securing highest mark in 2002-2003 AD Post Graduate in Obs / Gynae program at Institute of Medicine.
- Awarded Mrs Bina Devi Pradhan Gold Medal in 24 February 2004 for securing highest mark in 2002-2003 AD Post Graduate in Obs/ Gynae program at Institute of Medicine.
- Certificate of Appreciation on 9th National Conference of Nepal Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists for outstanding contribution as an editor to the publication of Nepal Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Asia & Oceania Federation of Obstetrics & Gynaecology Shan S. Ratnam-Young Gynaecologist (AOFOG SSR-YGA) Award 2007.
- Awarded International Development Grant for Young Women Physicians and Scientists at 13th ICID, Malaysia.
- Awarded International Federation of Gynecology & Obstetrics (FIGO) International Fellowship 2009.
- Awarded women deliver Scholarship to attend Women Deliver Conference held in Washington DC, USA from June 7-9, 2010.
- Received Best Faculty of Kathmandu Medical College in the year 2012
- Received Best Teacher Award of Kathmandu Medical College in the year 2014
Workshop and Trainings
- Received training on "Advanced Life Support Obstetrics (ALSO)" on February 2001 by American Academy of Family Physician.
- Received training on "Good Clinical Practice" on 12th August 2001 at Shree Birendra Army Hospital, Kathmandu, Nepal by Dominique Beck, Clinical Study Manager of Glaxo Smith Kline Biologicals.
- Received training on “Counseling on Adolescent Health & Development” conducted by Nepal Society of Obstetrics & Gynecologist (NESOG) with the support of Family Health Division, Ministry of health and WHO from 28th December 2003 to 2nd January 2004.
- Participated on “Workshop on Training of Trainers WHO Reproductive Health Library” on 9th April 2004.
- Received training in “Intrauterine Contraceptive Device (Multiload 375SL) insertion” conducted at Maternity hospital, Kathmandu, Nepal from September 12 to 30, 2004
- Participated in Pre-congress workshop “Basic live Gynecological Endoscopy” organized by SAFOG/NESOG in collaboration with Maternity Hospital, Thapathali, Kathmandu from 2nd-5th June 2005
- Attended Workshop on colposcopy organized by NESOG/SAFOG held from 5th to 7th November 2005 at Maternity Hospital, Thapathali, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Received training on “Comprehensive Abortion Care & Counseling” by National Health Training Center of Department of Health Services, on 12-14 March 2008.
- Attended workshop training on “IUCD Insertion and Removal” by National Fertility Care Center (NFCC) on 14-15 August 2008.
- Attended “Teachers Training Workshop” organized by Kathmandu Medical College on 24-28 August 2008.
- Received “Training of Frontline Health Worker and Community-based Social Worker on Reproductive Health & Gender Based Violence” jointly organized by WHO, Family Health Division of Department of Health Services and Paropakar maternity & Women’s Hospital on 8-11 September 2008.
- Received “Diploma in Laparoscopy” from Indian Institute of Laparoscopic Surgery, V.G. Hospital, Coimbatore, India (Recognized by IAGES & KARL STORZ, GERMANY) in the month of September, 2008.
- Attended Pre Congress workshop on “Critical Gaps in Universal Access to Reproductive Health” Organised by FIGO during XIX World Congress held in Cape Town, South Africa between 2nd-3rd October 2009.
- Attended FIGO Congress Fellowship programme in University of Bloemfontein, South Africa between 23rd September- 1st October 2009
- Attended “International Workshop on Obstetrics and Gyanecological Ultrasound and Fetal Medicine” jointly organized by University of Tromso and University Hospital of Northern Norway, Institiute of Medicine, Trivhuan University Teaching Hospital and Nepal Radiologists’ Association between 5th-7th November 2009, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Received training in advanced laparoscopy at Galaxy care hospital, Pune in 2011
- Shrestha NS, N. Singh. “Nuchal Cord and Perinatal Outcome”, KUMJ, 2007,5(3):19, 360-63.
- Shrestha NS, S. Pradhan. “Attitude towards mode of delivery and caesarian section on demand in Nepal”, NJOG, 2007
- Shrestha NS, M. Thapa; Isthmic-Cervical apposition Suture for Postpartum haemorrhage during caesarian section for placenta previa; A case report. NJOG 2006, 1(1): 61-62.
- S. Pande, M. Sharma, R. Shah, M. Thapa, NS Shrestha, D. Regmi. “Comprehensive Abortion Care Services at Kathmandu Medical College; An Experience”. KUMJ, 2005, Vol 3 (3): 11, 225-229.
- NS Shrestha, M. Singh, J. Sharma, G. Gurung, S.Prasai. K. Limbu; “Amnioinfusion for meconium stained liquor in labour”. Gynaecology & Obstetrical Health Letter, Bi-annual bulletin, TUTH, 2002, 8:6-8.
- NS Shrestha, M. Singh. “Metastatic Gestational Trophoblastic Tumor”. Gynaecology & Obstetrical Health Letter, Bi-annual bulletin, TUTH, 2002, 7: 25-27.
- Sirin.P, NS Shrestha, M. Thapa. “Nonmetastatic persistent gestational trophoblastic tumor following an abortion-A case report”. KUMJ, 2007,5(3):19,412-13.
- Saha R, Shrestha NS, Koirala B, Kandel P, Shrestha S. “Patients choice for method of early abortion among comprehensive abortion care (CAC) clients at Kathamandu Medical College Teaching Hospital”. KUMJ, 2007,5(3):19,324-29.
- Karki C, Shrestha NS, Rayamajhi R.” Gynaecological disorders of adolescent girls at Kathmandu Medical College Teaching Hospital” NJOG. 2008;3(2):44-47
- Karki C, Shrestha NS “Need for expansion of special adolescent clinic”JNMA.2008;47(172):215-219
- Shrestha NS, Saha R, Karki C. Near miss maternal morbidity and maternal mortality at Kathmandu Medical College Teaching hospital. KUMJ.2010;8(2):222-26
- Shrestha NS. Gendericide: A scary truth. KUMJ.2010;8(2):153
- Shrestha NS, Thapa M. Etiology of Febrile Illness during Pregnancy.NJOG.2010;5(1):37-39
- Shrestha NS, Saha R, Karki C. Changing Routes of Hysterectomy. Nepal Med Coll J. 2010; 12(3):176-179
- Shrestha NS, Shrestha S, Singh A, Malla K, Thapa LB. Maternal and perinatal outcome of pregnancy with hepatitis E infection. SAFOGJ. 2010
- Shrestha NS. Workplace Sexual Harassment in Hospitals. JKMC. 2012 ;1 (2):69-70
- 2012- current : Executive Editor –Journal of Kathmandu Medical college (JKMC)
- 2006-2009: Editor –Nepal Journal of Obstetrician and Gynaecologist (NJOG)